Thursday 1 August 2013

Sauteed Sayote with crunchy pork bits

When I had my veggie week here, I cooked Sayote Guisado and I again, cooked sayote but with a little twist. This time, it tastes like the one I ate when I was at my brother's house. Finally was able to cook the exact taste, but mine's not a bit crunchy, but it's still somewhat crunchy. :)


What you need:

3 pcs medium size sayote, sliced into small strips
3 sachets of oyster sauce
1 medium size ginger, chopped
1 medium size onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
P40 pork, chopped in small bits
pepper
salt
1/2 cup water

How to prepare:

- In a pan, fry the pork. Do not put oil as oil will eventually come out from the pork. Fry it until crunchy. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add sayote. Add water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, pepper and salt.
- Add the crunchy pork bits. Simmer for 2 minutes.

Super easy, right? My husband loved this recipe! Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment