Thursday 17 October 2013

Chooks To Go

I am always curious how Chooks To Go chicken tastes. All of a sudden, I had an urge this evening to try this chicken. There was one near our place though it's a pedicab away. 


When I got home, I read their paper bag. In front of the bag, you will see the phone number if you want it delivered. I didn't know they deliver and I was anxious whether the branch I know actually deliver so I went there.


At the back of the bag (sorry for the photo) you will see their reheating tips. This is very helpful for me because there were leftovers and I always put them in the fridge if we have leftovers so we can still it the next day. As per the instruction, you have to reheat it by frying for 10 minutes.


So this is what's inside that paper bad. Taaddaa!!! By the way, this whole chicken cost P194.00. And so I tasted the chicken and in my opinion, it was too salty for me. Maybe this is because of the sauce that was in it when it was cooked or something but I find it too salty. But if you remove a bit of the saltiness, it tastes good. My sister said that the chicken was "malambot" and she actually liked it.

And so my craving has been satisfied. :)

2 comments:

  1. Chooks has been one of my favorites (among other lechon manok there is in the market) because of the taste, no need for sauce! Too bad their "hot" or was it called chili (?) variety was phased out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From 2021 here and I was wondering if I could reheat my Chooks using a rice cooker, if I could then any tips on how?

    ReplyDelete