Friday 13 June 2014

Pork Stew

I was running out of recipe to cook my family and my husband was complaining that I cook the same dish every week haha. So I browsed over to one of my favorite food blog and found this yummy dish. This was supposed to be "Beef Stew" but since I don't have pressure cooker and it will take so much time for the beef to be tender, I used pork instead, hindi naman nagreklamo ang pork, in fairness. :)



Here's what you need:

1/2 kg pork, cut in cubes
3 tbsp. flour
cooking oil
1 white onion, quartered
2 beef cubes, dissolved in 1 cup of water
4 cups water
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 star anise
ground black pepper
10 small potatoes
2 large carrots, cut into large squares
2 celery sticks, cut in 1/2 inch
10 pcs baguio beans, cut into 2 inches

How to prepare:

- Coat pork with flour, then fry. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except for the veggies in a casserole. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the veggies and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.

I just love how the aroma of star anise makes my tummy hungry and how it makes the dish so yummy and flavorful. My husband said this is by far the most yummy dish I've ever cooked! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment