Monday 28 January 2013

Kare Kare

Whenever I cook a dish for the first time, I always get nervous of the outcome. As you know, my hubby knows how to cook and he's my number 1 critic when it comes to my cooking.

I was in a supermarket one day, and I saw Del Monte Kare Kare mix. I was looking at this recipe for quite a while but was hesitant because of the outcome. I picked up the mix and decided to pay for it and cook it. 

Verdict: My husband loved it! Yeay!!
So let me share the recipe and try it for yourself. I thought Kare Kare is hard to prepare, but I was wrong, it was so easy!




What you need:

1/2 kg pork, sinigang cut (this is what I did, you can choose your own cut)
1 Del Monte Kare Kare mix
2 bunches of pechay
2 pcs eggplant, sliced
2 bunches of sitaw
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cups water
oil

How to prepare:

- Boil water (about 4 cups) and put the pork for 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard the water. Put 3 cups of water and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside 2 cups of water, drain the rest of the water.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add pork.
- Add 2 cups of broth and the kare kare mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, lowering the heat.
- Add sitaw and eggplant. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add pechay. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with bagoong.

You can also add banana heart. Kare kare is best served when veggies are not overcooked.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment